Access For All
The National Lottery Community Fund are funding Access for All – a project which aims to make all 32 Gift to Nature sites more accessible and fulfilling for everyone to enjoy.
Many of our Gift to Nature sites are relatively small but no less important to their local community, and as custodians of the sites we are keen for everyone to benefit from them. We are making improvements to the individual sites and our Engagement Officer, Rachael Ardley is working with local people to develop and deliver a range of activities and volunteering opportunities. We also understand not everyone can visit our sites so we have created a “Nature at Home” sensory experience. We have also:
- Erected an Interpetation Pillar in each Gift to Nature site.
- Improved access and introducing a sensory trail to Medina Riverside Park in Newport.
- Introduced interpretation and a sensory trail at Shide Chalk Pit in Newport.
- Introduced an sensory trail at Haylands Wood in Ryde.
- Published Access Statements and Audio-Visual guides for each site.
- Added cycle-racks and picnic tables where we can.